I am very worried as I read that the rebels in Libya are going to export first oil.
I just wonder who is going to keep the money. I read that the money is going to the rebels. But is there any transparency in the deal?
The fact that the money does not go to Gaddafi hands does not mean that it goes to the right hands. As the oil of Libya belongs to the Libyans the money should be for all Libyan people.
Just to think that the money can be used to buy weapons seems to me quite frightening. Among the rebels there are people from Al-Qaeda too, it seems, so that these weapons could go to Al-Qaeda. Or the money could go directly to Al-Qaeda.
- Libya rebels may sell first oil cargo this week (reuters.com)
- Al-Qaeda Grabbing Weapons in Libya: Report (newser.com)
- AUDIO: Libyan rebels to sell oil (news.bbc.co.uk)
- Libyan Rebels Poised To Make Oil Delivery (news.sky.com)
- Algeria claims al-Qaeda stealing truckloads of weapons from Libya (theglobeandmail.com)
- Libya rebels to export first oil (bbc.co.uk)
- Libyan rebels to resume oil exports through tanker (sfgate.com)
- Oil exports mean ‘Libya is now open for business’ – BBC News (news.google.com)
- Libyan Opposition Prepares to Export Oil as Rebels Push Forward – Bloomberg (news.google.com)
- Libyan rebels to resume oil exports through tanker (seattlepi.com)