AS A EUROPEAN CITIZEN I JUST SAY TO NATO: NOT IN MY NAME – NATO, GO HOME! YOU ARE NOT IN LYBIA TO HELP REBELS, YOU ARE IN LYBIA TO PROTECT CIVILIANS! THE WEST GOVERNMENT HAVE LIED TO THE WORLD! IT IS NOT THE CIVILIANS. IT IS THE OIL, ONCE MORE!
I feel as if Western government have cheated its own citizens. They sold us this intervention as a way to stop Gadhafi troops massacre the rebel cities.
Instead what we are recently seeing is that NATA is just helping the rebels to conquer the strategic centers of OIL DISTRIBUTION.
In the West we can watch on TV as NATO planes throw bombs into Gadhafi tanks. What I am supposed to feel? To feel happy because Nato has killed a supporter of Gadhafi?
I just feel shame that Nato shows these images. Inside these tanks are human beings and this human beings have mothers and brothers and sisters. A bit of respect please.
So, now thanks to NATO the rebels will be able to sell petrol to the international community. In less than a week they are supposed to sell Oil to Qatar.
So, thanks to Nato the rebels will get money from oil. Will this money fairly distributed among the population?
Who tells the West that the rebels will bring democracy to Libya? If the rebels had the same weapons that Gadhafi has how on earth we know that they wouldn’t use them in the same way as Gadhafi?
I am sorry but I feel cheated by the West. I just see that we are now there just to bring into power the rebels and I find that is not what United Nations resolution was about.
Somebody could say that I should not be so worried. After all the West seems to be helping the good guys in Libya. Well, my answer is: I do not know the rebels. I do not know if they are genuily for democracy or just anti Gadhafi – two different things! -.
As we are not just doing what the UN wanted – just to protect civilians – but instead we just support the rebels – then we just have entered an internal war and this can be very very dangerous for the West.
If Europe fights with the rebel forces – through its warplanes – then Europe is not just avoiding a massacre: EUROPE IS TAKING SIDES IN A WAR! And then if Europe is just attacking Gadhafi forces for the sake of it, it is very obvious that Gadhafi forces may attack the West too! WE ATTACK THEM, THEY ATTACK US!
So, my last word is that NATO SHOULD IMMEDIATELY LEAVE LIBYA. I DO NOT WANT MY COUNTRY TO BE INSIDE A WAR. LET THE WAR BE SOLVED BY THE LYBIANS.
If I were not from Europe I would feel Europe is a very idle palce: first Europe sells weapons to Gadhafi. Now practises with its weapons to destroy the weapons which were sold.
If, I, as a European, feel ashamend about Europe, how can people that are not European feel about Europe?
- NATO decision body to consider Libya air strikes (dailycaller.com)
- Libyan rebels sweep west through key oil centers (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- US officials: Libya operation could last months (msnbc.msn.com)
- US airstrikes let Libyan rebels retake key city (msnbc.msn.com)
- US airstrikes let Libyan rebels retake key city – msnbc.com (news.google.com)
- Libyan rebels reclaim 2 oil centers in sweep west (sfgate.com)
- Gadhafi Loses Further Ground (online.wsj.com)
- NATO decision body to consider Libya air strikes (sfgate.com)
- Reasons and False Pretexts: Why are They Making War on Libya? (xkorpion.wordpress.com)
- AMERICA’S FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT INVADES AFRICA by William Reed Columnist (curmilus.wordpress.com)