I am afraid that I made a mistake with the name of this blog. If I had started this blog before maybe I would have chosen a name related to Tahrir Square or Tunisia but I just chose tripolitrip because I open it the day after the international coalition enter the Libyan airspace.
Now I realised I could have chosen another name such as ARABWORLD2011 or something like that.
Now it is the time of Yemen. Until some months ago Yemen was just a place I knew because it is very very beautiful and because some people from Al-qaeda have been killing Western people.
But these last weeks we have seen people in the streets of Yemen protesting against the dictator. This makes a very big impact because you realise that you have something in common with a land that you thought quite different from yours: the longing for people having a say!
These last days the government from Yemen has began shooting the protesters. What else can you expect from a dictator?
But today there are fresh news! Some part of the military command is with the protesters!
SO, LET’S FORSEE THE FUTURE: IN SOME MONTHS THE KING OF SAUDI ARABIA AND ALL ITS FAT PEOPLE HAVE TO FLEE ARABIA! NOW IT SEEMS A DREAM BUT IT MAY HAPPEN! WHY SHOULDN’T THE SAUDI ARABIAN PEOPLE CHOSE THEIR OWN FUTURE?
It seems as if with internet now everybody want to be free. China next …
- Yemen’s Saleh Fires Cabinet as Deaths Spur Regime Defections (businessweek.com)
- Huge turnout for Yemen funerals – BBC News (news.google.com)
- Yemen’s Most Powerful Army Officer Says He Will Protect The Protesters (businessinsider.com)
- Yemen Police Kill 31 Protesters (newser.com)
- Why is US backing force in Libya but not Bahrain, Yemen? (worldtruthtoday.com)