One of the things that susrprised me about the Libyan war is that we always hear how ugly the Gaddafi’s regime is. I do not doubt it but I must say that I am optimistic that a solution can be found because Gaddafi is surrounded by people who seem to me more reosonable than the colonel.
I am speaking about the son Saif and the spokesman Ibrahim. Both men are young and the look much more reasonable than Gaddafi.
I do not think we may think about these two men treasoning Gaddafi. It is not that. It is just using the art of seduction. I understand perfectly well that Saif wants the best for his father. But thanks to DIPLOMACY it is possible to find a solution that saves a lot of lives in Libya, brings peace to Libya and puts Gaddafi in a secondary position. I am sure that a solution can be found.
And my hope is in Saif and Ibrahim. They look as young nice men who happened to be with the wrong man. Instead of trying to demonise these men because they support Gaddafi but we should do is to try to approach the nice side of them.
History tells me that REAL PEACE needs both parts to sit down. It is not black and white. The word TRANSITION is a very important one to learn in Libya.
It is time that the rebels and the supporters of Gaddafi realise that to fight against each other is crazy. It is necessary that they reach a deal. At first, when the deal is reached, nobody is happy, But then times passes and passes and people may not be happy but one thing is for sure: They know they are in a better situation that being in a civil war. I am just thinking about the dictatorship in Spain and the transition afterwards. Maybe now we are not in the best scenario but we are much better than when the dictator died. And we were able to come to this point because there was a compromise!
So, I asked the nice people of both sides in Libya to realize that it is time for compromise.
Saif, Ibrahim it is time for peace. I hope you can find a deal that makes all Libyan proud of it. Talk to the rebles and find a deal.
- Libya: as it happened April 5 (telegraph.co.uk)
- Libya: Gaddafi removal ‘risks power vacuum’ – Telegraph.co.uk (news.google.com)
- Ex-US politician to meet Gaddafi (bbc.co.uk)
- Saif Gaddafi tests water with approach to rebels (independent.co.uk)
- John Simpson’s Gaddafi interview shows why we cannot deal with Saif al-Islam (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Stalemate calls in Libya could lead to national partition (fullcomment.nationalpost.com)
- Donald Macintyre: As Western leaders look for an exit, here is an option that may prove irresistible (independent.co.uk)
- Libyan rebel leader Abdel Fattah Younes attacks NATO for slow response to crisis (dailymail.co.uk)
- Gaddafi turns our weapons on rebels (thesun.co.uk)
- Gaddafi envoys might propose diplomatic solution in Turkey (rt.com)